Casino gaming is so popular nowadays. It has millions of people playing all over the globe. And although most of you play on a regular basis, there are numerous interesting facts about gambling we suppose you are not aware about.
Did you know that:
- A classic 52-card deck consists of 2,598,960 unique five-card hands, with a single pair having a 42.26 percent probability to show up in any hand;
- Las Vegas’s main airport- McCarran International is the 8th busiest airport in the world hosting 850 flights a day and over 2.5 million visitors monthly. And of course the majority of them are there to play casino;
- Blue- chip companies are named after the blue casino chips which are usually higher in amount than the red or white ones;
- Roulette is also famous as the Devil’s game because adding all the numbers from 1 to 36 in the wheel will get the satanic 666 number;
- 68% of the casino users in Vegas playslot games;
- Many of the world’s public projects, including the Great Wall of China have been build using funds from gambling and lottery;
- The invention of the Sandwich was due to gambling, since its inventor- John Montagu didn’t want to move away from the casino table to eat;
- Students from MIT in Cambridge, Massachusetts, formed aBlackjack team in 1979 and made a fortune worth millions using their mathematical skills;
- The hugest slot strike took place in Vegas on Megabucks machine and the winner grabbed the monster $39,710,826.36;
- The Zimbabwean President- Robert Mugabe won a privatelottery in 2000 worth 100,000 Zimbabwean dollars (around US$2,600 at the time). He is the only modern Head of State to have ever won the lottery;
- Today’s card suits derive from the French Ancién Régime. Cups represented the clergy, coins stood for merchants, clubs represented peasants and swords stood for nobility;
- Monegasque citizens are not allowed in Monte Carlo Casino, despite it brings huge incomes to Monaco;
- In 2011 the Blackjack player Don Johnson won $15 million from Atlantic City casinos, Including a $6 million prize at Tropicana;
- Europe’s greatest horse race- the Grand National hosts around £80 million rolled over each year;
- 1996 is the birth year of the first online casino. It took place in Antigua and hosted 18 games;
- US Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act in 2006 lead to a PartyGaming stock drop with 60% within 24 hours;
- The world’s biggest gambling city- Macau brought $45.2 billion in 2013.The same amount of betting for a week in Las Vegas is reached for just a single day at Macao;
- Richard Nixonfinanced his own congressional election campaign with funds won playing cards in the South Pacific during World War II.
You can see it is a whole world of gambling out there. Save time, be mobile and make use of the numerous online casino bonuses and offers at your favourite platforms!